Hi again

HawkFan hawkfan at RATSAUCE.CO.UK
Mon Aug 16 14:34:43 EDT 2004

You've touched one of my most strongly held views here. It's very very easy
to lose interest in anything new and just listen to all your old CDs, and it
gets easier as you get older. I don't want to be the embarrassing dad trying
to be hip, but I'd hate to think I'd just given up.

You have to look around, but there's a lot of new interesting stuff out
there. I don't know much about the US scene, though I like the Von Bondies
album and I think both Strokes albums are excellent. In the UK my recent
favourites are the Razorlight and Libertines albums, Slipknot's latest
album, the two Cooper Temple Clause albums and on a lighter note the Zutons.
listening to Inferno, but sorry guys it sounds just like Motorhead always
did. Lemmy needs some lessons from Dave Brock on how to move on.

There are also hundreds of old albums that I never got around to buying.
I've just been listening to the Zappa albums Burny Weeny Sandwich and
Weasels Ripped My Flesh (both rubbish, but you can't win them all). I've
also got heavily into Julian Cope. Very Syd Barrett influenced but, dare I
say it, even better.

Actually if you risk embarrassing the kids and start asking their friends
about music they seem to be remarkably ill informed. Most of them seem to
have never heard of the bands mentioned above, or indeed precious little
outside the top 40. Mind you I suppose it was always this way.

John Rennie