BOC: (and OT: Monster Magnet) Upcoming shows

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Aug 16 15:47:27 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 07:20, Ted Jackson wrote:

> Heh, you know I'm wresting with this big time.  Never seen Monster Magnet,
> but I somehow think their live show could be disappointing.  BÖC, I know will
> be great, and they're playing almost in their backyard.  They like the venue, and
> the venus likes them.  I can't see both shows, so which to choose?  Probably
> BÖC...

If you can pick only one out of the two to attend and you haven't seen
Monster Magnet yet, I'd say to go see them instead of BÖC.  Having seen
both bands live exactly once, I'd have to say that Monster Magnet put on
the better show by far.  I know, that's not exactly a huge sample size,
and it was back circa the _Powertrip_ album when I saw them, before the
lineup change, but Dave Wyndorf *is* Dave Wyndorf and he knows how to
please the punters.

Besides, won't BÖC just be playing the same setlist the same old way as
the last time you saw them?  You've already been to that show. >;-)

Cheers,

Paul.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa