Hi again

Stephen Swann swann at CUGC.ORG
Tue Aug 17 22:30:51 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 02:04:50PM -0400, Jean Lansford wrote:
> > I'm currently debating between Sirius and XM, although I'm
> > leery of investing in the hardware to receive something that
>
> Better than the stations around here (which isn't hard to do),
> and some of the specialty stations play things you don't hear
> on the radio.

Not even in Raleigh?  Jean, the things you tell me.

Actually, there was on really awesome college station there
that did play a lot of interesting heavy rock.  They
introduced me to Kerbdog, a band who despite only putting
out 2 albums, are one of my favorite bands, EVAR...

> > Rhapsody?
>
> Real Networks version of the New Napster. Better interface and
> music selection AFAIAC.

Hmmm.  Real?  Is it in Real format?

> I think he would be a harder version of Stomu Yamashta, based on
> your description. (I can't find any samples of Yamashta except the
> "neat swooshy sounds" from his older albums.) Hotei contributed to
> the soundtrack of Kill Bill I.

Cool.  Will investigate.

--
Steve Swann    | Speak to me in many voices, make
swann at cugc.org |     them all sound like one