OFF: Re: Hi again

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Thu Aug 19 08:47:10 EDT 2004

Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

>   I mean, half
> the time you have to shell out full price for the CD just to hear even
> smidgin of what it sounds like.  And if it sucks, then you're stuck:
> you've bought it!

I've found that many record stores now have scanning devices that let
you sample tracks before you decide to buy. It has introduced me to
some great groups I would've originally been wary of, while warning me
about others I thought I might like, but didn't.

Of course, if your taste runs eclectic enough, those particular record
stores won't have what you're looking for. Still, it's a major step in
the right direction.

Brian