OFF: Re: Hi again

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Fri Aug 20 00:49:32 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 10:24:08AM +0100, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> And some of the sales that were
> lost, well they probably "shouldn't" have been "sales".  I mean, half
> the time you have to shell out full price for the CD just to hear even a
> smidgin of what it sounds like.  And if it sucks, then you're stuck:
> you've bought it!

Well, from the record companies' point of view, those
"shouldn't"s have been a significant chunk of their business
model -- the old "two hit singles and eight songs of filler"
scam.  No wonder they squawked at something that let the marks
(that's us) make *informed* buying decisions.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau