HW: Sonic assassins

SHLL (Scott Heller) shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Fri Aug 20 05:07:38 EDT 2004

Hej

Just got my copy of the Sonic Assassin book. It is fantastic. I read 40
pages of various parts last night and damn it is the best book on
Hawkwind ever for sure. All the great quotes really makes for a nice
read. Pick it up for sure!

I also got the Out of the Shadows DVD. Quite good but huw annoys me. He
plays better than he has in a long time in the context of Hawkwind but
he only has two ways of playings and he repeats himself over and over on
the different songs. Either the slow spacey stuff or the fast fluid
leads. Very dominant as well. Tim, if you want to play with Hawkwind
bring back the analog synths please... Arthur Brown.. he was cool...
Only saw half the DVD though. Great sound.

later,

scott

ObCD- WE- Smugglers (Norway 2004) released only in Norway sept 13th,
2004