BOC: early quadrophonic records

Ted Jackson Tjackson at SYR.EDU
Fri Aug 20 11:01:06 EDT 2004

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 01:36:07PM -0500, Albert Bouchard wrote:

> Ask David Lucas. He practically had to beg me to play it and he
(David)
> played vibra-slap and I played the triangle on the middle break. It
was
> all on one channel. Has anyone heard the SACD version of it? I
wonder
> if some of those buried parts are more audible, like Eric's organ
part.

Hey Al, that reminds me of something I'd been meaning to
ask.  One or two of the early BOC records (like, I'm almost
sure Secret Treaties, and maybe one or two others) got
released on vinyl in Quadrophonic, right?  Were those albums
recorded with that kind of thing in mind, or is that just
some funky studio wizardry they performed after the fact?

And has anyone ever actually heard those records played back
in quad?  Heck I've never even laid eyes on actual working
quad system...

I had [maybe still have?] a copy of Tyranny and Mutation in Quad
<8-Track>!! But I just played it on a regular system...

theo