BOC: early quadrophonic records

dahl at AROS.NET dahl at AROS.NET
Fri Aug 20 19:26:41 EDT 2004

> Hmmm... woulda sworn I'd seen a quad Secret Treaties once.

Yep, I own a vinyl copy of Secret Treaties in Quad.  It was my second copy of
that album (you had to actually buy them then since there was no Napster)
after wearing out my stereo copy.  I had a quad receiver back then which was
destroyed when my Dad was pulling into the garage, stepped on the gas instead
of the brake and drove through the wall hitting my receiver which smashed into
a billion pieces against the opposite wall.   The insurance adjuster had a
difficult time deciding if the home owners policy or the auto policy should
pay for my receiver.

I am pretty sure I still have the quad vinyl and I do remember the mix
sounding different, especially the vocals on Career of Evil (much easier to
figure out the harmonies).

If anyone would like to give it a listen, email me off list.  If I can find
it, I'll send it to you for free.  I listened to it a lot (had to learn every
song note for note) so it may not be in the best condition.

I also have the original CD version with the flub in Cagey Cretins and the
remaster.  It's one of the few albums ever recorded that deserves to be bought
4 times.

Brad