BOC: Rondinelli quits

dahl at AROS.NET dahl at AROS.NET
Sat Aug 28 18:47:18 EDT 2004

> Who'll replace him?

We can dream, can't we?

Bobby is one of the all time great rock drummers.  I've seen BOC twice with
him and feel that he wasn't the right drummer for them anyway.  Maybe he feels
the same.

When they opened with RU Ready 2 Rock last month (here in fabulous Utah), it
was the most lethargic version of the tune I've ever heard.  Luckily the
glucosamine kicked in about the 6th song (Shooting Shark) and they got off the
deck and tore it up for the rest of the show.  I thought Bobby's playing with
Rainbow and Black Sabbath was spetacular (not to mention him tearing it up on
the Riot and Rondinelli albums) and his playing with BOC was rather plodding
and lethargic.

Hopefully they can get someone who is really interested in making the songs
sound good and infusing some energy into the shows.

Brad