BOC: Mean Fiddler/OFF: Ficton & Nektar

Sun Aug 29 18:57:16 EDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

> Jon Jarrett wrote:
> > As I said to Chris Warburton at the time, "I haven't
> > had to mosh in 9:8 since Porcupine Tree were interesting!", which is a
> > little unfair perhaps as I haven't seen the current PT lineup and they
> > might for all I know be positively fascinating, and in any case the
> > section I meant transpires to actually be in 4:4 with a very clever guitar
> > line, but I quote myself anyway just to give you the impression I was
> > getting second-hand.
>
> If I remember aright, there's a bit of the Spiritual Beggars' "Monster
> Astronauts" that _is_ in 9/8 (guitar line more cool than clever), but I
> digress ....  Very moshable, though :)

        And there's Porcupine Tree's `Signify', unless that's 7:8 but
that's what I was thinking of, and the midsection of Disarray's `As the
Fog Descends' but overall there isn't really enough of it. That's what I
think, anyway. Yours,
                      Jon

ObCD: The Mothers of Invention - _Uncle Meat_
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)