OFF: worldcon

David Kuznick dkuznick at ALUMNI.BRANDEIS.EDU
Mon Aug 30 11:07:44 EDT 2004

Quoting Arin Komins <akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU>:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, David Kuznick wrote:
>
> :Subject: Re: OFF: worldcon
> :
> :> That's the one as advertised as being students of robert fripp?  I'll
> :> definitely drop by!
> :
> :Yup!  We just had a monster practice session last night (my aching back!)
> and
> :are rarin' to go!  I'll be the one in the beige poker cap (ATLARGE) and
> Sandman
> :shirt.  Unless we all decide to dress as Borg, which would also be a good
> Guitar
> :Craft inside-joke (we're all Robert Fripp clones, ya know ;-)
>
> heh.  OK.  I'm occasionally of fan of the crafty sound (I quite liked the
> league of crafty guitarists, and liked earlier california guitar trio and
> misc friends),

We're actually opening for the CGT at the Playloft at the Lowell Brewery on
November 3rd.  http://www.newears.org/

> so I actually already had that concert on my to do list for
> worldcon ;-) )

Cool!

> Although....how long is the set supposed to be?  You are listed as being
> on at 6:30 and I also wanted to try to get decent seats for the Hugos at 8
> ;-)

The one from 5:30-6:30 is likely gonig to be quite informal, kind of like
amplified busking, so you can likely just drop by whenever.  The 5-6 set will
likely be a much more formal affair.

> (sorry for the terribly offtopic, folks ;-) )

Like that's anything new for this list (and hey, it's a major science-fiction
convention.  How off-topic can that be? :-)  Let's see.  There is likely a
Ginger Baker->Robert Fripp link to bring it on topic.  Aha, got it.  John
Mclaughlin was in The Graham Bond Organisation, and Robert did a pretty famous
interview with John McLaughlin in Musician magazine in 1982.  Ta-da!

--
David Kuznick   dkuznickATalumni.brandeis.edu
"We'll wait in stone circles `til the force comes through - lines