OFF: worldcon

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Tue Aug 31 12:12:22 EDT 2004

>For an even more tenuous link:
>
>Norman Spinrad has played on and off with Heldon, who has a song
>named In the Wake of King Fripp (dedicated to Fripp and Eno).
>
>Hawkwind's The Iron Dream, was likely inspired by the Spinrad book
>of the same name ;-)

You can get a much tighter Hawkwind -> Heldon/Pinhas link via Gong:

Hawkwind->Tim Blake
Tim Blake->Gong
Gong->Francis Moze (played bass/keys on Flying Teapot and Gazeuse)
Francis Moze->Magma (played bass/keys on the 1st 2 Magma albums)
Magma->Heldon/Pinhas - lots of cross-pollination here: Jannick Top, Klaus
Blasquiz, Bernard Paganotti, and Patrick Gauthier all appeared on
Heldon/Pinhas albums, and Pinhas returned the favor on solo works from
Gauthier, Top, and Weidorje's Jean-Philippe Goude.

>Unfortunately, I've found Richard Pinhas' (Mr. Heldon himself) recent
>stuff on the dull side.

It has been pretty bland. The Fossil Culture collaboration with Frohmader
was an exception though. Another exception seems to be the last Heldon
album 'Only Chaos is Real', but the officially available mp3s of that one
sounded quite ... dire. Mostly because of the vocals. I think Spinrad
appeared on it. Does anyone here actually own that one?

Stephan