The Awakening

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Dec 2 06:12:35 EST 2004

On 01-Dec-2004 15:47, Jade man wrote:
> I wondered if you might enjoy my attempt
> at trying to recreate the sounds and atmosphere
> of the original Space Ritual 1972. It would be
> fun to try to cover the whole album, but that
> remains to be seen!
> http://members.shaw.ca/filiz/awakening.htm

I've given this a few more listenings now, and it's pretty cool.  I
agree with Steve Swann (natch) you might want to make the vocals sound
more pissed off :) but the swooshy noises behind them are top notch!
Highly realistic  How'd ya do it?  I've yet to find something which
which I can cause my ridiculously powerful (by the '70s standards)
computer to emit Hawkesque swooshy noises!

I dig that it segues into Lord of Light (as is right and proper!),
though the sound there seems inevitably MIDIfied to me (in comparison to
the booster rocket roar of live Hawkwind, anyway).  Hmmm, must go away
and remind myself how Lord of Light goes on bass .....

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson