HW: Litmus Gig

Tue Dec 7 11:57:04 EST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Colin J Allen wrote:

> LOL; the full setlist was:
>
> Intro
> Twinstar
> Destroy the Mothership
> The Tempest

        Yeah, I'm clearer about this now, I thought that was going to be
`Invader' and then it wasn't so I scribbled it out on my setlist, hence
confusion.

> Dreams of Space
> (Theta Wave) Inductor

        Excuse my brain failure there, got it mixed up with `Stone
Oscillator' but that was what I meant.

> Sonic Light
> Under the Sign

        Hang on, hang on, I may be prematurely demented but no way did I
imagine `Evil' there. Is it now being used as a coda to the coda of `Under
the Sign'? Not that I mind as long as it turns up somewhere...

> Twiddly Synthy Bit (while band recover and Huw is prepared for action!)
> Infinity Drive
> Waiting for Tomorrow
> Motorway City
> Moonglum
> Magnu

        Not sure how I forgot that, but it isn't really reconstructible
from my scrawl :-)

> Needle Gun
> Right Stuff (Encore)
>
> T-shirts? Ah, yes...T-shirts!  We are working on designs and hope (plan) to
> have them ready very early in the new year.

        Hurrah!

> On another track, the wonderful Julian Cope has selected "You Are Here" as
> his "Album of the Month" for December; a review will be appearing on his
> site http://www.headheritage.co.uk.  There is also a review in the latest
> edition of Terrorizer.

        That Julian Cope review is a piece of work, isn't it... He says
several things I more or less agree with and then rants for a paragraph in
such a way that I wonder if he's listening to the same album. And then the
cycle goes round again... He definitely hears things in his own
framework. Like many things in the music world, it's close enough to what
I'd like to see done that it annoys me for not being that, but at least in
the case of reviewing I could do my own version. I think he and I are in
broad agreement on the basics of the matter, however, viz that the album
kicks arse and that it's full of indications that even better may yet
follow. Yours,
               Jon

ObCD: Litmus - _You Are Here_ (as luck would have it)
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)