OFF: Ash Ra Tempel

Fri Dec 10 05:33:17 EST 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, John McIntyre wrote:

> Jon Jarrett wrote:
>
> >       I do need more ART though. Just haven't got round to getting
> >_Seeven Up_ yet which I think is the obvious choice.
> >
> I strongly recommend  "Hear before buying" for _Seven Up_.  It's not
> really ART, just Manuel with a bunch of other musicians and Timothy
> Leary on vocals and refreshments.  An interesting historical document,
> but not Gottsching's best.

        You have me worried now. Is Hartmut Enke on it? That's quite an
important factor. Also, who's drumming? I don't need forty minutes of
continuous Gottsching by himself, in fact that sounds quite bad though
not as bad as several other name guitarists perhaps, as long as there's
something else going on with the rhythm section... Yours,
                                                          Jon

--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)