HW: Swindon Friday 10th

Iain Ferguson iainferguson at AOL.COM
Mon Dec 13 07:35:57 EST 2004

Yes yes yes !

Dave Brock out front like he should be, giving his guitar a good
thrashing....

What a cracker of a gig, fantastic stage set, with a wonderful back
drop, lots of twinkley lights & some really good dancers. Topped with a
great light show that washed everything with some enormous oil wheel
patterns. This was a Sports centre gig & the bubble wheels shrank the
whole space and made it far more intimate, Well done to all the crew there.
Great to see Arin, Rich, Rob, Alan L & Alan Day ( how bizarre was that
bumping into you man )

Highlights for me were Psychedelic Warlords with a great Bass solo and a
classic straight down the line Dave Brock guitar sound, swirlling round
the building. In fact Dave was playing the guitar much more and was
great to see him Solo'ing as well.
Ode to a flower ? with a Bob Calvert backing track was just superb, and
the dancers did a really cool job on this as well.
The new material was fantastic and all adds more light & Shade to the
procedings. To Love a Machine is my fav. Some really good Drum & Bass
was blasting out during a number I can't remember, I was getting
disorientated with the sound shifts across the stage.
Brainstorm rocked & the 50's throwback special Brainbox Pollution got a
great pummelling.

So, single & Fleece in hand , I skipped home thinking up a cunning plan
on how I excuse a hotel room on the C/card to see the Astoria gig, I
wanna go again now please !

regards
iain