Cambridge Friday 13th

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Wed Dec 15 12:38:25 EST 2004

Jon suggested...

> I'll be there.  Is there a good place for a pint or two near the CornX
where
> folks could (orgone) accumulate before the show?  (Please state
with/without
> food.)

>I would recommend either Tha Bath, though not without a certain
>amount of pain becauses it got horribly modernised not so long ago, but as
>a Hogshead will do halfway decent beer and food in the *ruins* of what
>used to be a sixteenth-century building. Just down the street from it
>(this being Bene't Street, which joins onto Corn Exchange Street) is the
>Eagle where Dawson and Crick reputedly worked out DNA, and that's bigger,
>has food but also had Greene King beer (and not kept well enough to get
>away with it) and bouncers. I suppose however the Eagle may be the best
>bet.

I see it's an IPA, which I miss a great deal (the Ami's make good pale ales
IMHO...even in Columbus!!), because the Swiss don't seem to know how to make
'em at *all*.  And I don't live in a town big enough to have any specialty
import stores.  Only on trips to Zuerich or Basel, I'm afraid.

Anyway, I'm game for this Eagle place, if we can get in.  I guess there's
only a few here on boc-l who are going to Cambs. for the gig Friday?  Is
there any interest in making a firm plan, or just acting on our own and see
what happens?  I'll likely meet up with Jon no matter what, and I suppose
that means we'll run into Carl at some point...but don't know about the
others.

Well, anyway...I'll play it by ear I guess.

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  What's the status of smoking bans/proposals in pubs/etc. in the UK?