HW: Exeter Astoria and beyond

Jill Strobridge jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Wed Dec 22 17:52:24 EST 2004

Thank you for that link - what an excellent review - one of the
most sensible I 've ever read.   He keeps his comments to the here
and now and refers to the past in a straightforward and
non-derogatory way.  His only failing is that he mentions 'Silver
Machine' but the rest of the article redeems him!     I see the
page has another link to a Hawkwind unplugged session - haven't
played it though because I hate Real Player and am trying to keep
it off my computer!

cheers
jill
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Crook" <m.j.crook at TALK21.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: HW: Exeter Astoria and beyond

The dancers weren't at Manchester so I can't comment,
myself, but this reviewers comments of the Newcastle
gig amused me -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/articles/2004/12/06/hawkwind_event_feature.shtml

He says of the dancers "they were blocking my view of
Dave Brock's guitar solo."

All the reviews I've seen have been very positive - if
they are this good on the main spring tour to promote
the single/album it should do well.

Mick