It's Frond-tastic, matey!

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Dec 24 19:21:32 EST 2004

If any in the USA are looking for a last-minute Yuletide indulgence, you
should look no further than the Bevis Frond MEGA-DEAL Rubric Records are
still running.  I took advantage of this a month or so ago, and it seems
from their page that they're still running it.  It looks like they're
trying to clear out their overstocks and returns (much like Woronzow in
the UK seem to be doing).  In short, they're flogging a bundle of 11
Bevis Frond and related CDs for $75, and that *includes* postage.  Not
only do you get a Frond-tastic bookend of early and recent Frond albums
(including the classic _New River Head_ and the latest release, _Hit
Squad_), but they also chuck in the mighty _Acid Jam 2_ and the
delightful guilty pleasure _Fed to Your Head_ by Scorched Earth
(pseudonymous Frond in retro stoner mode).  Better yet, they bung in two
tasty Adrian Shaw solo albums (though the Rubric main page appears at
odds with this and substitutes this with a Tony Hill album and a Rubric
compilation).

If you've ever been tempted to dip into the eclectic Frond waters, this
is a great deal not to pass up.  Get it while they're giving them away.

See http://www.rubricrecords.com/bands/bevisfrond.html for details.

Cheers,

Paul.

PS: I have no affiliation with Rubric Records.  I'm just a Bevis Frond
fan who thinks this is a stonkingly good deal.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"Hit me with a solid eight Jackson!"
        --- The Bevis Frond, "Tangerine Infringement Beak"