OFF: What hi-fi equipment do you use to listen to Hawkwind?

Alastair Sumner alastair_sumner at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 28 10:33:06 EST 2004

I was wondering what kind of hi-fi equipment people on this list use to
listen to Hawkwind. For the past ten years or so I've had a Nad 5220 CD
player, Nad 3020i amplifier and Mission speakers. Despite the clear sound
I've always felt frustrated at how neutral and lifeless it sounds. I can't
put my finger on it but I used to enjoy music more playing LPs through my
old Aiwa midi system. Now I've decided to bring my vinyl back from the dead
and invest in a Rega P2 or P3 turntable and will probably build a new
system around it. So what kind of equipment do you use? And what do you
think makes Hawkwind come alive?