OFF: What hi-fi equipment do you use to listen to Hawkwind?

Steve Youles youless at COX.NET
Tue Dec 28 22:28:00 EST 2004

Personally I use anything that's to hand and try to hear the music and not
what it's being played on.  Aiwa shelf system in the bedroom, Sony boombox
in the bathroom, bog standard cassette player in the (elderly) car, very
loud Yamaha component system in the living room...but what I always do is
mess with the tone controls, and put the graphic equaliser, if there is
one, into a kind of "M" shape.

I also think some of the "neutral and lifeless sound" is the flat response
of CD's compared to the aurally pleasing distortions of vinyl...just IMHO

Steve