off: what hi-fi equipment do you listen to Hawkwind?

SHLL (Scott Heller) shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Thu Dec 30 05:46:18 EST 2004

I hope everyone had a great christmas and enjoyed the Hawkwind gigs. I
hope I get to hear one as it sure sounded like it was fun!

As for the stereo, this year, my 41st on this earth, I decided it was
time to get a "real" high end stereo. I thought it would not make such a
difference but I was actually quite amazed. I have always had decent
equipment. We had a 100watt per channel Kenwood receiver, good KEF (UK
brand) bookshelf speakers, B&O turntable (Danish high end brand), etc..
well, I splurged and we got 4 Klipsch identical bookshelf speakers, and
a Klipsch subwoofer and a 7 channel (75watt, per channel) Harmonn Kardon
receiver and high end DVD player.

Listening to music is a whole new experience now. I could not beleive it
when we set it up at home and I cranked up Palace Springs. Wow... and
when we played my mint copy of Dark Side of the Moon, the sound was so
amazing. I have been pulling out a lot of my vinyl records now, which
never sounded that great on the old system but now, wow...

The real high end systems will blow your mind.... I hope everyone can
splurge one day and do it...

scott

who is mourning for all the loss life in Asia........... We will donate
a little extra money to the Danish relief organization we give money to
every month.