HW: burg herzberg q.

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Fri Feb 6 05:37:25 EST 2004

Arin asked...

>Would any of the nice german speakers in the audience translate
>the info up at the burg herzberg fest site, so we poor english
>speakers know what is going on for that?

Lass es mir probieren...ich brauche noch einige Uebungen...
>Freak Again

Self-explanatory

>Nachdem jetzt doch schon einiges an Anfragen zum Herzberg
>Festival 2004 gekommen ist, hier ein paar aktuelle Info`s:

After now some inquiry about Herzberg Festival 2004 has come
(and gone), here is some current information.

>hier erstmal ein vorlaufiges Line-Up der bisher bestaetigten
>Bands:

First, here is the current line-up of bands that are confirmed at
this point...

>Anekdoten, Anne Haigis, Birth Control, Farfarello & Nippi Noya,
>Guru Guru, Hawkwind, Helmut Hattler, Karthago, Mark Gillespie,
>Mister Quimby's Beard, Nova Drive, Pothead, Ramses, Randy Hansen,
>Ronnie Taheny, Sunya Beat, Sky`s Shadow, Trigon,
>Verspielte Zeit

das Letzte.....Play(ful) time

>(Dies ist nur eine vorlaeufige Liste, die in den naechsten Wochen
>noch ergaenzt wird)
>Datum:
>Es bleibt wie gewohnt beim dritten Juli-Wochenende, das hei?t
>fur naechstes Jahr:
>15.07. - 18.07.2004

This is now (just) a current list, that in the next few weeks is
still to be completed.

Date:  It remains as usual on the third weekend of July, which
for the next (this) year is:
July 15-18, 2004

>Groesse:
>Damit meine ich, die Festivalwiese zu verkleinern, um im Anschluss
>mehr Platz fuer Kinderland und Campingwiese zu erreichen. Ausserdem
>soll im Bereich der Campingwiese ein Platz fuer ein Kuenstler/Theater-
>Zelt geschaffen werden, wo natuerlich auch Workshops, Meetings,
>Sessions und anderes stattfinden koennen.

Size:
By that I mean, the Festival grounds to scale down, in order to achieve
more space for the surrounding Kinderland and camping fields.  Moreover
shall a place for an Artist/Theater-tent in the area of the camping
fields be arranged, where naturally also workshops, meetings, sessions
and other things can take place.

>Im Anschluss an die Campingwiese natuerlich Freak-City in seiner
>urspruenglichen Form. Die Staende werden ein bisschen naeher
>zusammenruecken und die Festivalwiese umrahmen und es wird nur
>1 Buehne geben. Das Gelande rechts der Ottrauer Strasse soll als
>Ausweichparkflaeche dienen.

In connection with the camping fields, naturally Freak-City in its
original form (will exist).  The booths will be moved a bit closer
together and the Festival grounds 'fenced in' (?) and there will
be only one stage.  The countryside right of Ottrauerstrasse (Street)
shall serve as the 'out-of-the-way' parking surface.

>Ticket - Preis:
>Wir versuchen, alles etwas zurueckzuschrauben, das heisst, die
>Standmieten werden geringer, die Getraenke werden billiger(oder
>die Becher groesser), die Essenspreise sollten sich natuerlich auch
>nach unten bewegen, hier ist Initiative der Standbetreiber gefragt!
>Und der Ticketpreis fuer alle vier Tage wird um einiges guenstiger
>sein als in den letzten beiden Jahren, darin ist dann Camping und
>auch Parken enthalten. Ausserdem wird es eine Art 'Tagesticket'
>fur Leute geben, die sich halt doch nur bestimmte Bands anhoeren
>wollen/koennen und nicht das ganze Wochenende am Herzberg bleiben wollen.
>Aktuell sind im VVK 50,-E zzgl. VVKGeb. und 60,-E an der Tageskasse
>geplant.

Ticket-price:
We (will) try, everything (to make) somewhat lower, which means
that the booth rentals will be lesser (cheaper), the drinks cheaper
(or else larger containers), and the food prices should naturally also
move (go) down...here we ask for the initiative of the booth operators.
And the ticketprice for all four days will be somewhat more reasonable
than during the last two years, therein obtained (included) is then
camping and also parking (fees).  Moreover there will be a type of
'Dayticket' for people who only want/can to hear certain bands and don't
want to stay the entire weekend at Herzberg.

Currently it (the 4-day pass) is planned for 50 Euros "Vorverkauf"
(pre-purchase) "zuzueglich" (plus) "VVKGebuehr" (pre-purchase fee*) and
60 Euros at the "Tageskasse" (Day-cashier, i.e., at the gate).

[*NB: It says it's 10% (5 Euro) on the poster page, so I guess you only
save 5 Euros by buying early.]

>Motto:
>Freak Again

Self-explanatory

>Herzberg hatte immer auch ein politisches Motto und wird es weiterhin
>haben. Alleine die Tatsache, das jedes Jahr einige tausend Menschen am
>Herzberg ein friedliches Miteinander abseits von hergebrachten Normen
>und Zwaengen leben, zeigt den Protest gegen eingefahrene Strukturen . . .
>zeigt, dass es auch anders geht. Somit muss man sich das nicht immer wieder
>erneut auf die Fahne schreiben und in den Vordergrund stellen. Ich wuerde
>lieber gerne da etwas bewegen, wo die Moeglichkeit besteht, wo
Notwendigkeit
>herrscht und in etwas investieren, das uns allen ein Anliegen sein sollte:
>unsere Kinder. Eine solche Unterstuetzung hat fuer mich den gleichen
>Stellenwert, wie den Kriegen dieser Welt den Arsch zu zeigen!

Herzberg has always had also a political motto and so will it continue.
The fact alone that this year a few thousand people at Herzberg (will)
live together in a friendly way, apart from the conventional norms & forces
(civilization), demonstrates a protest against the 'status quo'...and
shows that there's also another way.  Thus, one doesn't need always to
renew the writing on the flag and place (it) in the foreground.  I
would rather move toward something, where the possibility exists, where
necessity rules, and invest in something that we all should be concerned
about:  our children.  For me, such support has the same significance
as "showing your ass" to the wars of this world.

>Bands:  already listed.
>Vielleicht gibt's auch die eine oder andere Re-Union . . . wer weiss . .
;-)

Perhaps there will also be a re-union of somebody or other...who knows?

Under Neues, it says...

>Der Vorverkauf startet voraussichtlich Ende Januar!
>Vorabbestellungen sind bereits jetzt schon moeglich!
>info at burgherzberg-festival.de

The pre-sales start perhaps by the end of January!
Pre-orders are then already probably possible (at that same time)!

>So, nun aber lange genug gewartet, und deshalb hier einige Updates
>zum Festival:  Die Seite hat sich ein wenig veraendert (wird sie wohl
>noch oefter) und wir haben das Ticket vorgestellt, dahinter versteckt
>sich ein Bestellformular. Sobald die Tickets gedruckt sind, erfolgt
>die Versendung, und eine Liste der aktuellen VVK-Stellen gibts dann
>auch, kann wie gesagt, noch einige Tage dauern.  Bei den Bildern
>findet Ihr einige neue Shot`s von den Ozric Tentacles (an dieser Stelle
>Danke an Andi und den Floyd).

So..."now without further ado" (?), and therefore here some updates
about the festival:  The (web)page has changed a little (and it will be
more often now) and we have introduced the ticket, hidden (securely) behind
a order form (meaning: security protection).  As soon as the tickets are
printed, the shipping (will) take place, and then a list of current
pre-purchase-locations also (will) exist, (which as was said?), (will)
still take a few days.  You can find in the pictures some new 'shots'
of the Ozric Tentacles.  They be here...
http://www.burgherzberg-festival.de/ozrics/index.htm

>Mit Damo Suzuki, R. Havens, Ozric Tentacles, Das dritte Ohr,

Hmmm..the Third Ear (must be a different band)

>Nektar, Caravan, UFO und mit Jane sind wir noch am Verhandeln,
>ebenso mit verschiedenen anderen Bands (gibt ja noch eine ganze Menge
>Anfragen, und Raggae fehlt auch noch).

With <various groups as mentioned> are we still in negotiations with,
as well as with some various other bands (there are still a few inquiries
being made, and a reggae band is still missing (from the lineup)).

>Vielleicht fehlen im Moment noch die  ganz 'grossen' Namen, aber wir
>wollen das Ganze bezahlbar halten, und wenn die ein oder andere Band
>in diesem Jahr nicht zum Zug kommt, dann bestimmt in 2005 oder in 2006.
>Einen Zeitplan, wer wann spielt, sollte dann auch in den naechsten Wochen
>fertig sein.

Perhaps at the moment (we) are missing the BIG (famous) names, but (we) will
want to keep the entire thing affordable, and if and when one (or another)
band can't come (to play?) this year, then certainly in 2005 or 2006.  A
schedule, i.e., who plays when, should then also be finished in the next few
weeks.

>bis dahin...eine gute Zeit

'till then...(have a) nice time (day)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's all that I see that is really pertinent at the moment.
Note:  I was there last year (I assume it's being held at the same place
again...didn't actually say, did it?), and can answer specific questions
about how to get there, and how it all works.  Eckardtshausen is a tiny
town, so look for Eisenach (Thueringen) near the old West-East Germany
border to find the general region where it is.

http://www.aural-innovations.com/issues/issue24/burgherz.html

For some idea of what last year's event was like...

e gueti Ziit (Swiss-German for above)...Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  See you there!