HW: site for collectors

Nick Medford nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 17 22:01:02 EST 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:41:06 -0000, deadearnest
<deadearnest at BTOPENWORLD.COM> wrote:

>nooooooo - not that at all

Evidently not! Well, you live and learn.

I do remember now that the comp I mentioned with Silver Machine on it was
simply called (ahem) "HEAVY". (Well, they say brevity is the soul of
clarity.)It must have been about 1982. As well as various hoary old "rock
classics" it had some tracks by bands that were supposedly the up-and-
coming cutting edge as far as all things "heavy" were concerned. IIRC it
thus included such luminaries as, erm, Diamond Head and Tygers of Pan Tang.
It absolutely amazes me to think that this was what introduced me to
the 'Wind.

(Remember when everyone called them "the 'Wind"? Why did that stop?)

Nick