HW: site for collectors

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Tue Feb 17 22:17:33 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 10:01:02PM -0500, Nick Medford wrote:
> (Remember when everyone called them "the 'Wind"?

Nope.  Must be a UK thing.  Over here, nobody calls them anything
at all :-(  If I say I'm a fan and am not met with a blank stare,
it's a banner day...

When I was in Manchester for the Dec. 02 tour, and told a cab
driver why I was in town, not only had he heard of them, but had
rather liked them back in the day.  It was one of those "geez,
are *they* back [sic] together?" conversations.  Still, I was
quite impressed.

> Why did that stop?)

Probably the same reason it never got started here: not enough
(in your case, no longer enough) mindshare to sustain a nickname.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau