HW Greasy Truckers and Silver Machine (was HW:Acid Daze volume 1)

Ketil Svendsen ketil.svendsen at FISKAREN.NHST.NO
Thu Feb 19 05:35:43 EST 2004

I'm _pretty_ sure it's Nik Turner's vocals that can be heared - i definately
sounds like him to my ears. Apart from that, they both sound 'stoned out of
this world'.
Pretty amazing they managed to overdub and clean it up for single release ....
or is there more to the story ...?
Are we talking "Greasy Trucker's..." or "Glastonbury Fayre"?  ....I got both
LPs, and the Silver Machine track is on the latter... Same concert, though.

Ketil Svendsen,
Norway

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:02:31 +0000, pauleatonjones
<paul at IMRRYR.KAROO.CO.UK> wrote:

>Hello people. In reply to who's voice we hear in the background of the
>Trucker's version of Silver Machine, I was told at the time that it was
>Dikmik. I'm also sure that it's his voice we hear right at the end of
>the 'tidied up' version. Y'know someone screaming, " Silver Machine,
>Silver Machine".

This has come up here before- I always thought it was Dave Brock's voice at
the end of the hit single version. Somewhere on the web there was an
interview with Nik Turner and Simon House from about '99 (when Nik was
briefly back in the live line-up) where the DJ interviewing them played
Silver Machine and specifically asked "who's that doing the high-pitched
backing vocals at the end?"- Nik immediately replying "Dave Brock". Of
course, Nik's take on Hawkwind history is known to be a little
idiosyncratic (shall we say) at times :-)

Nick