Astoria night, PT, Lem, more...

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Fri Feb 20 10:17:23 EST 2004

Jon J sayz...

>I should see them again, for all that. It sounds as if rather
>than being as disappointed as I was the last few times, I might be
>surprised instead. They won't do what I used to go and see them for,
>though, this is the trouble. I can't get that anywhere any more.

Ah, maybe a PT-tribute band will start up, once they hit it big.  :)

> with the continued
> exception of Robbo stuff.  I don't know why, but Lem seems completely
> averse to playing *anything* from Another Perfect Day live.  I've seen
them
> on just about every tour starting with Orgasmatron, and never have I heard
> a single track from that album.

>I wonder if it's actually that Phil doesn't like the stuff; he'd
>be the one who'd have to learn a very different guitarist's parts.

Yeah, that's a good point, actually, that I hadn't even considered.
I think about Motorhead as being Lemmy + whoever, such that Lemmy could
decide to play whatever he wanted to, and the rest just have to put up
with it.  But Phil's been there for nearly 20 years now...hard not to
accept his opinion if/when he would say, 'Nah, that's just not my style.'
Still, they should try it, just for my sake.  :)

>> Opening act was some band from Berlin, with a crazy-
>> haired female singer, that sounded much like AC/DC in every way.  I
>> guess one of their tunes was actually written for them by Lemmy himself,
>> and I think it was one of the better ones.

>At a guess, that would be Doro?

Nope, I've 'remembered' since (by seeing their CD in the stacks the
other day, when picking up that Monster Magnet), that the band was
called Skew Siskin.  I thought originally that that must have been
*her* (stage) name, but nope, it's something else entirely.  *That*
I've forgotten for good (though I'm sure if I really wanted to know,
I could look it up online in 10 seconds).

Doro (Pesch?) is still around these parts...I'm sure I've seen her
name listed on concert schedules...I think she opened for Saxon even.

>Why didn't we get a review of On Trial, then, eh? :-)

Sorry, here it is...didn't post it to boc-l directly this time.
http://aural-innovations.com/2004/january/ontrial7.html

Grakkl (FAA)