OFF: Help Wanted / Jamming technique

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Tue Feb 24 21:49:50 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 11:36:20PM -0000, Richard Lockwood wrote:
> (I still prefer songs that go "BLANGA BLANGA BLANGA!!!!!" though.  Sod
> sonatas.)
> :-)

So who says you have to choose?  A song can go
theme/mess-about/repeat *and* go BLANGA BLANGA BLANGA -- HW's
often do.  Of course live, "mess about with" tends to be code for
"abandon in favour of something else entirely" :-)

Speaking of which, I've wondered for quite some time:  when HW
are off jamming and it's time to return to the main theme ... how
do they manage to all come back at once?  Does Dave cue everyone
somehow with a subtle musical change, or Alan with a visual
signal since everyone onstage can see him, or are they all
counting bars?

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau