HW: Astoria Gig

Sun Feb 29 10:01:25 EST 2004

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Ian Abrahams wrote:

> Best bit? Blagging our way into the 12-Bar on Denmark Street after the
> show via Mike Holmes' "Let us in - we're the hardcore fans". Laugh -
> well, yes, I did!  Only bit afterwards of note was chatting to Martin
> Griffin at the party - quite a character!

        My gods, it was in there? My girlfriend's main band's first gig
was in there, the stage is so small and the place so low-ceilinged they
had to pass guitars up and down to the balcony during instrument
changes. Also met an excellent comedy punk band called Hacksaw whom
everyone should be aware of: <http://www.hacksaw.org.uk>...

        But I suppose it might be better for a party than a metal gig
:-) Yours,
           Jon
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)