Coronation Street

mark von bargen mark.von-bargen at O2.CO.UK
Sat Jan 3 18:56:30 EST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Jill Strobridge
Sent: 03 January 2004 22:40
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: HW: Re: Coronation Street

----- Earlier Original Message -----
From: "Chris Warburton" <desdinova at MADASAFISH.COM>

> While being inflicted with a Saturday afternoon episode of said soap
> opera, it was noted that the participants were 'ead-banging to "Silver
> Machine", shortly followed by "Ace Of Spades".

The person I was renting my accommodation from also told me about this
today!  Apparently someone also said "That's enough Hawkwind".   Wonder
who the script writer was for that particular episode  8-)

jill

Apparently, earlier on, before the song was played, Les Battersby remarked
that "this is a great pub, its got Hawkwind on the juke box".
Somebody in Coronation Street land cares.

BTW Corrie also features William Roache the Stonehenge visiting Arch Druid
who plays the Ken Barlow character as featured in HW comedy chants on the
top 10 of prog telly programme.

mark