OFF: Damo Suzuki, Acid Mothers Gong

Tue Jan 13 07:19:14 EST 2004

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Nick Medford wrote:

> The Acid Mothers Gong gig seems to have created quite a stir online- the
> Gong forum at www.planetgong.co.uk is heaving with (mostly very negative)
> comments about it, although a couple of people there seem to have been as
> excited as I was. The forum on the AMT site also has a lot of comments-
> overwhelmingly positive!
>
> I fear this says something about the relative open-mindedness of the two
> bands' followings.
>
> Amazing how conservative these hippies become when they get old...

        The last mailout I got from Jonny de GAS says that the forthcoming
Gong album is going to be entitled _Acidmotherhood__, so I'm guessing
those hippies are going to get something to contend with! Looking forward
to it myself, unless Farflung do get going again that's as close to the
music I'd like not to have to try and make up in my head as there's going
to be... Yours,
                Jon (still in the timewarp)

--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)