what is your top 5

pauleatonjones paul at IMRRYR.KAROO.CO.UK
Fri Jan 23 14:31:31 EST 2004

     As a few people have included their five least favourite albums I
thought I might as well post mine.

It Is The Business ( dreadful, what were they thinking of??)
  Business Trip Live ( ditto )
  Out & Intake (apart from Cajun Jinx)
  Xenon Codex ( apart from Head and Good Evening)
In Your Area.

   I actually think that Bring Me The Head.... is a fairly good album.
Texts Of festival is fabulous, I wish that side four of the vinyl l.p.
had been transfered to c.d.

  Does anyone out there think that E.M.I. short-changed us and the band
when they did the remastering of The Space Ritual? They had access to
the original tapes and failed spectacularly when they didn't do the
whole of the concert. Consequently we end up with the truncated
versions of Brainstorm and Time We Left...very poor continuity between
The Awakening/Lord Of Light, Electronic Number One/Orgone Accumulator,
Brainstorm/Seven By Seven, and a shortened encore (the one from
Roadhawks). Why don't we all write/start a campaign for the real thing?
Remember Dave Brock saying that when they recorded in the studio in the
early days they always left the recorders running thus ending up with
"hours" of material so they had to fade out tracks, e.g. Brainstorm,
Lord Of light etc., etc.? Now wouldn't it be wonderful to have those
unedited versions released to the hard-core fans?
         I look forward to your thoughts, Hawk fans.
                             Paul.