What is your top 5?

David Howard maxgate at CLEAR.NET.NZ
Fri Jan 23 15:32:55 EST 2004

In answering I've put the emphasis on frequency of listening rather than
critical evaluation. While I believe that 'Quark, Strangeness & Charm' is
their best studio album, I wouldn't argue for 'The Business Trip' as a
stand-out live set: it just happens to be an appealing anthology of tracks
that I enjoy - 'Doremi Fasol Latido' and 'Hall of the Mountain Grill' are
superior pieces of music-making but, for whatever reason, I don't play them.
There's another factor in my listening which isn't necessarily obvious from
this list: Robert Calvert impresses and delights me, whereas Michael
Moorcock bores the proverbial out of me.

'Space Ritual'
'Quark, Strangeness & Charm'
'Palace Springs'
'In Search of Space'