Old masters

Rich cosmicdolphin at COMCAST.NET
Sun Jan 25 15:47:29 EST 2004

>On the subject of ownership of master tapes I understand that EMI have
>offered a huge amount of money to Dave, principally, for the rights to
>all the Hawkwind back catalogue and all it will need is for Dave, Nik
>and Douglas to sit down and sign the agreement. Who will blame any of
>the major players if they do this? Dave has been 'on the road' for a
>very long time: he, Nik et al have been involved with the band for 34
>years so surely they deserve their reward. They aren't selling out.
>After all they've been ripped-off massively over the years.
>Does anyone else feel that they appear to have run out of steam, energy
and, please
>forgive me on this, ideas??

Nope.  I think they've been delivering some stunning live performances with
plenty of energy to go around and no lack of steam.

The new material is a pleasure, particulary 'Angela Android'  (no lack of
energy there!)And I can't wait for the new CD.

As to the rest, well that's all the bands business. Give them the space and
let them do what they need to do.

Rich