Old masters

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jan 26 07:16:22 EST 2004

pauleatonjones writes:

> Does anyone
> else feel that they appear to have run out of steam, energy and, please
> forgive me on this, ideas??

Dead wrong I think. In recent times they've set up the Hawkfests which
have been a great opportunity for fans to get together and see some fine
bands. They've put on some absolutely stunning gigs. New tracks like
Angela Android are developing to rival olf favourites such as LSD, and
even when they reuse stuff, such as Where Are They Now? and the
combination of Seeing It As You Really Are and Earth Calling, they
manage to put real new feeling into it. I'm disapppointed by the news
that neither will be on the new album and hope at least to see a live
release of them soon.

If Hawkwind have run out of steam it's because they went nuclear.

FoFP