OFF: what is your top 5

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Jan 28 15:03:36 EST 2004

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:14:45 -0000, Captain Bl at ck <starfield at SUPANET.COM>
wrote:
>On a related topic,  I read that the Syd Barrett Madcap Society are
>currently petitioning EMI with a view to getting all of Syd's studio and
>live recordings issued. Of course, one is assuming that EMI still have the
>tapes, and that they are still playable....

They managed to find the take with Syd of Kevin Ayers' "Singing a Song In
The Morning" for the recent reissue of 'Joy Of A Toy', so that would seem
to bode well for this possibility ... (and with today's technology, if the
tape exists at all, it can be *made* playable, and then "fixed" pretty
well digitally)

(now, if they could only officially release the Pink Floyd recordings
of "King Bee", "Lucy Leave", "Scream thy Last Scream" and "Vegetable
Man" ...)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com