HW: underrated tracks (was what is your top 5)

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Jan 28 15:18:20 EST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:31:31 +0000, pauleatonjones
<paul at IMRRYR.KAROO.CO.UK> wrote:
>     As a few people have included their five least favourite albums I
>thought I might as well post mine.

[snip]

>  Xenon Codex ( apart from Head and Good Evening)

Totally agree on those songs!  "Good Evening" is one of my
top "underrated" HW tracks.  The complete list for me would be:

Children of the Sun
Web Weaver
It's So Easy
Demented Man
Kings of Speed
Back on the Streets
Fable of a Failed Race
Living on a Knife Edge
Good Evening
Phetamine Street

I'd love to hear any of these resurrected in Hawkwind's current set
(although obviously the first and last won't happen!).

>   I actually think that Bring Me The Head.... is a fairly good album.

... if only they had released the entire concert!  (I agree about Bob's
great performance on "Urban Guerilla", although I slightly prefer his
manic delivery with rant-in-the-middle on the Hawklords Weird tape.)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com