HW: Various

HawkFan hawkfan at RATSAUCE.CO.UK
Thu Jul 1 12:49:16 EDT 2004

I know people who took LSD regularly and seem to have survived with
relatively untwisted personalities. I suspect Syd Barrett was always a bit
strange. Maybe the LSD pushed him off the edge and maybe he would have
fallen off anyway.

I was a major Pink Floyd fan in my youth, long before I got into Hawkwind.
I've seen all the Floyd films including marginals like Zabriskie Point, and
my recollection is that they were all mostly rubbish. Very few soundtracks
of films really work as albums. The Virgin Suicides is one exception that
stands out, though the Air album isn't really a soundtrack album in the
sense that More and Obscured by Clouds are.

JR

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of M Holmes
Sent: 01 July 2004 15:40
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: HW: Various

> but I suppose the irony is what
> happened to Syd Barrett stemmed mainly from LSD.  (Unless that's myth.)

Weirdly I know someone who bumped into him in the wilds and spent some
time in his company (as a retired rock star - they only figured out who
after the holiday). Seems it's no rumour. It really didn't do the guy
any good. Something lije 3% of the population are prone to schizophrenia
and a bad LSD experience is one of the things that can set it off.

As with other things, best know what youre doing before playing with it.

FoFP