HW: Dave Brock's Guitar

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Jul 2 19:59:34 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:18:46 +0100, =?iso-8859-1?q?Michael=20Crook?=
<m.j.crook at TALK21.COM> wrote:

>It just looks right somehow seeing Dave with a Les Paul - anyone know
>how long it is since he last used one on stage and how he came to be
>using one at Sweden? Was it a one off?

I don't think that Dave has *ever* used a Les Paul (unless he borrowed one
in Sweden recently) ... his Space Ritual-era guitar that looks like one is
a custom job.

Much useful info about his guitars here:
http://www.starfarer.net/gtrstuff.html

(Huw, on the other hand, seems to always be playing a Les Paul.  In two-
guitar bands, I definitely prefer to see/hear the guitarists using
different - hopefully very different - models.  One excellent example is
the Dictators, with Top Ten playing roots-rock style on a Fender, and Ross
The Boss playing metal-ish lead & crunch on a 'Paul.)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com