Guitars (more Geek Speak)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Jul 14 06:07:55 EDT 2004

Doug Pearson wrote:
> The general rule-of-thumb for "budget" lines (budget: Epiphone/ major:
> Gibson, or budget: Squier/ major: Fender) - and often the major lines,
> too - is that they tend to have cheap hardware (which can usually be
> upgraded easily  [...]

Yeah, I've often heard that the most cost effective way to get the
classic "Gibson sound" is to buy a nice-playing Epiphone and replace its
stock pickups.  I haven't tried this technique, since the second guitar
I ever got was a second-hand Gibson LP Std and I've been pretty happy
with how it soudns (I've occasionally been tempted to replace _its_
pickups, but only occasionally :)

> Hi Carl, Welcome back!  Where are you located these days?

In Cambridge, UK (again, rather than still ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson