Black Sabbath: Born Again

RMayo19761 at AOL.COM RMayo19761 at AOL.COM
Tue Jun 8 16:51:13 EDT 2004

In a message dated 6/8/2004 3:57:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM writes:

> And, of course, there was the outrage among both the Sabbath and Purple
> camps, neither of whom could accept this union.

i was waiting overnight in line for tickets to some big arena show when
someone some ways behind me was playing an advance cassette copy from a boombox. it
was a few days before it came out officially. the crowd surrounding that guy
(myself included) was quiet during the tunes and cheered/applauded loudly
between every song. in that context it sounded killer; every bit as good as the
whole idea sounded 'on paper'.

after buying it, i felt that, yes, the production was bad, but what i was
most bothered by were the 2 long "instrumentals", which were in reality just
boring bass effects experiments, pure filler, instead of one or two more actual
songs. even just one more strong song would have made this a 'great album'. as
it stands, it's a seriously flawed, but interesting footnote in Sabbath/Purple
history.

(what really infuriated me was their insistence on playing 'smoke on the
water' on the tour; it sounded horrible...ugh.)

(and====Bev Bevan? was no one else available?)

bobm