Advice on DVD media

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jun 9 07:04:26 EDT 2004

As y'all will have gathered, I'm new to all this DVD stuff. So after a
weekend of struggle behind the cabinets I have the DVD/HDD recorder all
plumbed in to the other kit. Naturally, despite my having near 50 leads
in the cupboard, the one I needed wasn't there and couldn't be found on
a Sunday, but it's all done.

So I've produced my first DVD-R from a couple of films on the hard
drive. I do however have questions:

1) When I put the DVD-R in my old DVD player, it will jam up if I try to
go faster that 2x fast forward. I recorded it on LP (4 hours on 4.7Gb).
Is this affected by the DVD-R media? Should I avoid the cheaper media
blanks? Which ones are worth buying?

2) Can I construct playlists and write them to DVD-R so that I can jump
to scenes in a movie?

Thanks for any help from you experts out there..

FoFP