BOC: Southampton

CWarburton at OAG.COM CWarburton at OAG.COM
Thu Jun 17 08:21:58 EDT 2004

Since this is the only UK report so far, do I preume that NOBODY from the list went to the Astoria this time??
I confess that I followed the same line of reasoning as M'sieu' Jarrett and went to The Underworld for Nektar - who were mighty, with the exception of a shortish 3 song section in mid-set with acoutic guitar; one of which I can only describe as a "power ballad" yeuch! (Though better than most of that ilk).
I shall however curse a little if I find that the boys from Long Island did Ain't Got You/We gotta...

All in all, last week rocked as a belated b'day celebration... The Nektar show had been preceded by Ozric Tentacles steaming through a set at The Pitz in Milton Keynes on the Wednesday, and at The Astoria on Thursday, Queensrÿche gave us the complete "Operation Mindcrime".  Seems like QRs political sensibilities ae still awake - when we finally saw the back of Geoff Tate's denim jacket during "Eyes Of A Stranger" it had on the back a VERY unflattering screen print of Dubya captioned "LIAR"

Ah well, just waiting for Jeff Beck now, then it'll probably be hibernation until DKT

Cheers
ChrisW