Available at last: Time Brothers - Space Ritual video

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Mar 9 12:22:15 EST 2004

A note from Dave Watson, who wrote the "Born To Go" History of Hawkwind.
Friends and himself, The Time Brothers, spent a day filming themselves
doing Hawkwind covers from the Space Ritual era.  Some of you will be
familiar with their previous material doing Hawkwind covers.  I helped
out a little on the day throwing a light switch now and again and
everyone had a lot of fun.  It's very much a production by Hawkwind fans
for Hawkwind fans and I'm certain all their hard work will have given us
something to enjoy.  I'd encourage you to give them support on this one
and certainly to pass this along to others who might be interested (Andy...).

FoFP

Well here we are, one year on from Space Ritual Live in Lanark.  In late
July 2003 we began making this film, and over seven months of hard work
later, it is finally in the can.  A few technical bits and pieces have
still to be done, but it is finally time to notify people of ordering
details and of the deadline for placing orders, as it is time to start
gathering in the money which will be needed to produce the copies.

The film lasts 2 hours, and features the performance as caught on 4
cameras - those operated by the main 3-man film crew, plus footage from
a camera located further back in the hall.  All of the material was shot
on the day.  The soundtrack - a soundboard mixer feed - contains no
overdubs; the music is live as played.  The film has been produced on
mini-DV tape for direct transfer onto DVD disc, for optimum quality.
The maximum time available at decent resolution, on the mini-DV master
and thus the DVD discs themselves, is 2 hours.  As the actual set on the
day, plus encore, lasted just over 129 minutes, almost 10 minutes had to
be cut from the performance.

As you can imagine, not just a lot of work, but a lot of money has been
invested in the making of the film.  We need to recoup costs, and in
order to do this there are 2 options.  Either we ask those associated
with the performance to subsidise us - to share in the costs and commit
money to the project - or we ensure that all copies are produced by, and
bought from, by ourselves.  We have opted for the latter option.  This
means that we will be pursuing in-built protection against copying by
encrypting the discs so that the DVDs cannot be bootlegged at a
financial loss to ourselves.  Due to our costs, we need to pursue a
‘record company line’ on this one: we need your hard-earned dh.

We are shopping around for the best deal we can get from production
companies, and will therefore be placing a bulk order in a one-off deal
to get everything produced at the best quality, for the best price, and
at the same time.  This means that you will need to think carefully
about your requirements, as you will not be able to order any more DVDs
at a later date.  If you will be placing orders for items intended for,
or on behalf of, friends and family, or if you want to order multiple
copies for yourself, you will need to order everything at the same time.
In other words, orders and money for all required items have to be with
me no later than the deadline date specified below, so that I know how
many to order, and have the funds upfront to pay for it.

Surplus profit, over and above direct costs, will go to reimburse the
expenses of those who have given their time, effort, and personal income
to make this film.  Colin, Douglas and I have incurred considerable
costs, and the only form of renumeration will come from orders placed
with us.  Although I would like to recoup my expenses, at least in part,
I have placed myself at the bottom of the queue.

The deadline for orders and remittance to be received by me is Thursday
25 March.  On that evening, I will be bundling up the last cheques, for
deposit with the bank on the following morning, and the money will then
go to fund the DVDs.  No orders which are received after this date will
be honoured; the remittance would simply be returned to the sender.  At
the moment, obviously, the exact date of despatch of orders is not
known.  It all hinges on when the finalised formats are ready for
reproduction, and when the production job can be undertaken and
completed.  In both cases, this will be as soon as can be effected.

O R D E R I N G D E T A I L S :

SPACE RITUAL LIVE IN LANARK (running time: 2 hours)

1.  Intro                               12.  Ten Seconds of Forever
2.  Technicians of Spaceship Earth      13.  Brainstorm
3.  Born to Go                          14.  The Watcher
4.  Down Through the Night              15.  Sonic Attack
5.  The Awakening                       16.  Time We Left (This World Today)
6.  Lord of Light                       17.  Master of the Universe
7.  The Black Corridor                  18.  Paranoia
8.  Space is Deep                       19.  Earth Calling
9.  Electronic No 1                     20.  Silver Machine
10. Orgone Accumulator                  21.  Welcome to the Future
11. Upside Down                         22.  You Shouldn’t Do Tht

DVD (All Regions) : £20 Post & Packing : £2 per item (recorded delivery)

Send Remittance to:             Dave Watson
                                24 Tulloch Road
                                Shotts
                                Lanarkshire ML7 5LD
                                Scotland