HW : Re: Glasgow ticket prices

gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK
Tue Mar 9 12:56:05 EST 2004

Maybe to you my friend!  To me it's pretty expensive... approaching double
what it usually costs me to see bands in that kinda place.
Don't get me wrong... I've spent hundreds of pounds on travelling to see
'em in the past, and will do again, and fully recognise they deserve to get
paid a good amount. My problem is that the promoter has pegged the price
higher than every other gig on the tour, and at a price that's gonna put
off the more casual fan, and most definitely the
take-a-chance-and-see-what-they're-like type person.
All my friends - who are what I'd call the more casual sorta fan... ie.
they like 'em okay, but aren't gonna make any special effort to see 'em,
don't buy many of the records etc - NONE of them are going now.   Maybe the
gig'll sell out anyway and this will be nothing more than me moaning 'cos
I'm a stingy git!!  ;-)

Dave