Subject: Re: Off: pop up killer software

Maxine Wesley maxine.wesley at PORT.AC.UK
Thu Mar 18 05:45:56 EST 2004

>From:    Richard Lockwood <rich at BEERPOWEREDNOISEFRENZY.CO.UK>
>Subject: Re: Off: pop up killer software

>Wahey!  Someone who agrees with me on this one.

That'd be 2 people. Although I would personally would love to see
Microsnot fold & go under and everyone shift to 'open code' mentality -
more expandable base operating systems etc the fact is, as Rich
explains, 95% of users do use IE. Netscrape is the bain of my life and
when I am asked to implement cross browser functionality I have to
basically recode everything 3 times: once for IE - once for Netscrape 7x
and again for Netscrape 4.7x. (NS 7 doesn't handle events from
embedded media objects, 4.7 does.. that really spooked me!)

Ouch - I'm a geek!

Maxine