HW: Ron Tree related album

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Mar 18 15:36:16 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:05:26 -0500, Nick Medford <nickmedford at HOTMAIL.COM>
wrote:
>Just received an email catalogue update from a record dealer, and noticed
>this in the list:
>
>Capt Jesus and the Sun Ray Dream : The Day that Nebulan Exploded
>
>This, if memory serves, was one of Ron Tree's pre-HW bands. Anyone heard
>it? Comments?

I have both Captain Jesus albums (the other one is 'All Thanks To Lord
Jesus Christ Amen').  Ron plays bass, and a bit of keyboard, but does not
sing at all.  I love both of the albums, and think they're great examples
of psychedelic punk (they cover the Sex Pistols and MC5).  If you like
that sort of music, and think (as I do) that Ron really kicks out the jams
on bass, you'll almost certainly like these albums.

And, if anyone is interested, I have transferred my vinyl copies to CD-R,
so I can easily provide listening copies.  The LP's are great looking
though, with white labels and hand-stamped (it appears) sleeves.  Very
DIY/private-press looking.  And just a bit too weird to look truly "punk".

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com