It's that time (moving day) again 8-}

Terry Kennedy terry at TMK.COM
Thu Mar 18 16:49:51 EST 2004

Greetings to the citizens of BOC-L!

  We'll be upgrading the server that the BOC-L list runs on (actually,
we're moving the list from one system to another one). This means that
there *should* be no user-visible changes during / after the move, but
as they say: "Nothing can go wrong... go wrong... go wrong...", so I'm
sending out this email to let you know that something is about to hap-
pen.

  I anticipate that I'll be performing  the actual move some time Sat-
urday (the 20th) night.  I'll shut down the existing server,  copy all
of the files over and start it up on the new server. I'll keep both of
the servers shut down for about 2 hours to allow the DNS changes to be
effective.

  I'll send another  message after the list is back up on the new sys-
tem and ready for use.

  As always, if you encounter any problems that you think might be re-
lated to this move, feel free to email me...

        Terry Kennedy             http://www.tmk.com
        terry at tmk.com             New York, NY USA