NIK: Yet another pioneering effort

Dr. T. hms at ITECHMEDIA.COM
Fri Mar 19 21:53:34 EST 2004

Found while looking for other things, an interesting blog article about
Vinyl Encoded Data - see
http://www.kempa.com/blog/archives/000053.html

>From the site
" The most ordinary of these vinyl-encoded programs are purely
informational. Inner City Unit, a spinoff from Hawkwind, released an album
called 'New Anatomy' in 1984. The last song on side two - 'Hectic Electric'
consists of the audio pulses of a program that can be recorded to cassette
and loaded into a 48k Sinclair Spectrum. When run, the program reportedly
displays "a comprehensive description of the band, their recordings and
tour schedules, etc." I was unable to find this program data online, but
the track has been included on the CD reissue."

Perhaps there's more to that digital noise than we supposed...