OFF: Re: Radio 6

Andy Ball Andy.Ball at RD.BBC.CO.UK
Fri Mar 26 08:51:34 EST 2004

Please keep listening to Radio 6 and TELL THE BBC HOW GOOD IT IS! (sorry
for shouting!)
Ok, I may be biased as I work for the BBC and have been running around the
UK commissioning new DAB digital radio transmitters for the BBC National
services, but I do honestly think that Radio 6 is probably the best radio
station out there. Go on, have a listen, be it on DAB, online, or digital
TV/Sat.

It also has not escaped the BBC management that  listener figures are not
as high as some of the other new BBC radio services. Whilst I believe there
are no major plans to "revamp" Radio 6, it will be a concern if the number
of listeners doesn't rise to "expected" levels.
I would hate to see the "bean-counters" drop Radio 6, so please keep
listening (and winning all their competitions!)

Cheers,

Andy